Sunday 8 July 2012

Arrived in Trinidad, shock no. 2

So another quick post just to say that after a pleasant flight I safely am in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. And if anyone thinks "Caribbean" is just the same all other, then is on to a shocker.
Trinidad is just so so diffeernt, I feel like a country girl that just moved in to a big city. It's big, it's loud, its got chain shops and restaurants, motorways. From the plane it looked mainly flat, with lots of tropical rainforests and swamps. And although it's an island there are hardly any touristy beaches. The capital has skyscrapers and multicultural citizens. Because it used to be a spanish and a british colony with indian input - people are just a mixture of races and looks. And because of its collonial past the food here is soo diverse! I already tried a shark - so yummy. Tomorrow is my first day in hospital working on Paediatric A&E. I've been to see the hospital yesterday - its massive. Right let's hope I will find my way again!

(Mamo, w Trynidadzie czuje sie jak dziewczyna ze wsi, ktora nagle znalazla sie na Slasku. Tyle sie dzieje, przemysl jest bardzo rozwiniety. Ludzie to mieszanka czarnoskorych/latynosow/hindusow/bialych a kultura i jedzenie sa tak samo pomieszane)

1 comment: